Monday 18 January 2010

On Asking for More Help

The campaign to ask for quotes is picking up - since I last blogged I've sent 3 more emails and with the help of my lovely husband and our best friend I now have a long list of people I want to contact.

I also had a comment from Rachel on my last post which has really made me think. Rachel offered to supply me with a quote herself, on the basis that she has a book that she's trying to have published, so although she's not famous now, she might be by the time my book is complete.

And I suddenly thought - why do we concentrate on what people in the public eye think? There are an awful lot of people out there whose ideas and opinions are equally as valid and inspiring but who we never hear from

So I've expanded my thinking about what this book will contain. I'm going to continue my campaign to get quotes from the famous on the importance of living an authentic life and showing the world your true colours, but I'm also going to include contributions from people who aren't in the public eye.

And this is where I need your help.

I want to know who, in your life, inspires you because they are living/lived an authentic life. It doesn't matter who they are or what they do/did for a living, I want to know how their true colours have made an impact on those around them.

Please either add a comment to this post or email me at colourfulcoaching@ymail.com and put Book Quote in the subject line. I promise I'll use every quote I get and every contributor will receive a copy of the book when it's ready.

Once you've made your contribution, please pass on the details of this project to everyone you know - I'd really love to make this a global project, and have contributions from every continent - let's see what the power of the web can do!

I'll keep you posted on how it's going - thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment