Wednesday 30 December 2009

On Coming Back to Life

Well, Christmas is over and with it my promise to myself to stay away from the web and all of its delights. We've feasted and made merry with our nearest and dearest and now life is almost back to normal again.

I say almost but of course the Christmas Tree is still up, we're still working our way through the leftovers and my lovely husband has the rest of the week off work so he's currently tucked up with a good book, a mug of tea and a very warm cat.

I have been a very good boss and insisted to myself that I have a nice long break over Christmas, so as to ensure that my loins are ready to be properly girded for 2010. Because tomorrow, I get my last ever pay cheque from HMG, and after that I'm really and truly on my own.

And that's a thought that concentrates the mind somewhat! So this morning I've been updating my website in readiness for the launch of some new workshops for January, and this afternoon I'll be honing some press releases for local papers.

I'm looking on this as a toe in the water: I won't be back full time till Monday as we still have a number of social activities planned over the next couple of days, but I find that I've been champing at the bit to start work again over the past couple of days, which is certainly NOT a feeling I've experienced at this time of year before!

So it's onwards and upwards for me, and, I hope, for you too.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your workshops, Cathy! I'm sure 2010 will be full of more excitement and adventures for you and I'm hoping you keep posting them here as I'm looking forward to hearing about them. I'm actually feeling good about next year too, even looking forward to going back to work next week (really!).
    This has to be your influence ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma, I hope going back to work was OK. You'll be glad to know that you've inspired me, too - I'm aiming to rent a castle for Christmas 2010!!

    ReplyDelete